Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I was listening to Lauryn Hill unplugged today and something she said just played on my mind for the rest of the day, "The real you is more interesting than a fake someone else." It challenged me to the core. And it made me think back to some of the people I used to work with who had learning disabilities. I found their lack of masks and ability to be themselves and themselves only, so refreshing and so jesus like. And I wanted to be around them because of this because it was 100% genuine and totally accepting way to be.

And it made me think what masks do I need to remove? What masks do I make to ensure that people can't see the One who is truly alive living in me? And i realised that far too often there is too many. Oh for the day when there is no Laura in me, but I am hidden in Jesus.

ps. I also now have the shortest fringe anyone has ever seen, quite distressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home