Sunday, June 12, 2005

Loz In Moz
Hello people!
It actually feels like it has been a lifetime since I left, and I have just waited for 3 hours to use the internet, access to computers here is lacking!

The last two weeks is hard to put into words. We had a few days after we arrived before school started and even in those days I was blown away. pemba is the most beautiful place and a holiday destination most people would die for, feel a bit cheeky being here on missions! We had a worship meeting the day after I arrived and some of the children from Iris prayed with us. A six year old little girl came to pray for me and whispered "fresh fire" and as she did so the annointing hit me and I was gone in the Holy Spirit, I have never felt so safe in the arms of a six year old and humbled beyond all imaginings.

The mozambiquan pastors are awesome, some have been saved for two weeks and have an anointing I could only dream about. They have joined us for the school and we learn together which also humbles me ridiculously. I have to admit I completely had no idea how much God wants to wreck me and change me these three months, its like He was saying, "you had no idea, hehe!"

There is really an open heaven over this area, miracles happen on every outreach. A friend of mine prayed for a girl of 6 who was blinded with cataracts and by the time they left, she could see the colours of their shirts, we are now more surprised when people don't get healed.

Adapting to American culture was more of a challlenge than Africa, but they are awesome and really inspirational, I'm living in a house with beautiful girlies, but we don't have electricity yet and we are embracing the latrines, there have been quite a few comedy moments! I think the Americans find us Brits quite quirky.

Heidi's sessions challenge me ridiculously, I think she is no holes barred here and you know that she has walked everything she is preaching which makes it even more hardcore, she is teaching a series on the beattitudes, wrecking!

I feel like its impossible to describe whats been happening, its reallt frustrating! Thanks so much everyone for emailing and texting, truly beautiful to hear from all of you, will try and call soon!

Please pray, God is really speaking some exciting stuff and I just want to make sure I hear him right!
Pray that he continues to wreck me.
Pray, as spiritual warfare is intense, I had some stuff stolen and Iris have been presented with a bill for our houses for $200,000 dollars that they were not expecting, we are expecting God for a miracle on that one.

Overall I feel awesomely humbled and priveleged that God brought me here, please just pray that He has his way in all things while I am here, learning so much!!
stay in touch, apologies if you don't get a reply to emails, will try and text instead cos more available.

5 Comments:

At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mate,

Good to hear what you been upto, sounds like its a real experience!

Ill drop you a text once I get your number.

Take care

Joe

P.S. Hows Todd ;)

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger graham said...

alright delaurus,
just got turnings in the post, started reading it last night awesome, wouldnt mind catching the live show :)
in the words of the great tune,
"come on, dont stop.... dont stop till you get enough" which might be the otherside of eternity :):):):):)

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hey lady,
just wanted you to know that i am awesomely proud of you and can't believe how brave you are. God is obviously doing amazing tings for you and through you and i shall pray for an increase and an extension of your boundaries (i guess they are already quite stretched!) i love you and will keep holding you in prayer. am off to states tomorrow so will email after 30th. bit confused by the text you sent me.... did pray for you to get better though.
love you lj,
keep up the pressing in,
always,
emjay

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger miriam said...

hey my friend!
It´s awesome!! It´s incredible!! I´m sure God will do an amazing work in you and you are a really bless to these people! I love you! Take care! I loved you´re there!!

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey beautiful!!
So glad to hear from you!!Sounds like God is having fun with you!!so jealous!!Enjoy every minute that God is using you out there and teaching you. Praying for you heaps, what out for the stars!! love you loads
miche xXxXx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home