Friday, August 12, 2005

Yesterday Guy Chevreau ( check out his booh "Turnings: The Kingdom of God and the western world") talked about the gift of the poor, then God showed me it. Here's a bit of my journal.....

I stood around at the end of the meeting and watched the craziness of the kids running around while people lay out on the grass mats being touched by Holy Spirit. I felt God say "remeber this" and something in my spirit began to break. I started to cry and had my arms around a street boy's shoulders. I went and knelt on the mats and wept big stylie. Then I felt a little hand on my back. It was the boy I had been holding, a street boy who doesn't know Jesus, yet he was pouring himself out on me. Then I opened my eyes and saw a four year old little girl, also from the street, look straight into my eyes and wipe away my tears. She did it with such care and attention to make sure all was ok.

I was completely undone.


Today was impartation day, as in what Elijah did to Elisha, the passing on of the annointing.
Pastor Surpresa, who has been used by God to raise a number of people from the dead, was doing the impartation along with Heidi. He touched my head to begin to pray and it was like a lightening bolt literally came from heaven and I was flung backwards so hard my shoes broke! It felt like currents of power ran through my body as I lay on the floor. I got up dazed and confused but never having experienced anything like it. Awesome.

God has shown me that the desire he placed in me as a teenager to live with the poor is now the only option for me. Its all I want to do. I feel like He is saying now is the time to go and do all the things I have ever dreamed of. God is commissioning me and saying, "Go, you are free to fly"

On reflection this quite possibly has been the most amazing 3 months of my life. I have seen and learnt about and experienced the heart of God in a way not possible anywhere else.

5 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Zoe G said...

Hi Laura,

Sounds like you are having an amazing time. I'm SO proud of you and happy for you for following your heart and God's dream for you.

Can't wait to hear all about it when you return. Still praying for you big style.

Missing you and love you lots,

Zoe x

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger graham said...

i want to see those broken shoes :) will be in england this weekend

big love

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Yo Laura,
You don't know me but I know Graham and found your blog from his. Hes talked about you to me on the phone. What your doing sounds amazing and I pray that God blesses you and His dream for your life comes true.

God Bless.
Ryan

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Hannah Shearn said...

Wow Laura,
I just found your blog address on a piece of paper today and looked you up, just read it all in one and am flippin blown away, it sounds amazing! Well done for being so brave and stepping out like you did, God is so good,
i may see you at some point whenever you're around soton,
Lots of love
Hannah

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Zoe Zoe said...

Laura Laura,
Sounds amazing what you've been through and the things you have seen - I imagine coming back will be a strange experience.
I MISS YOU!! I'm really looking forward to seeing you. Been thinking a lot about you and how you are have such a clear annointing. It is very exciting thinking about where God is going to take you..
I had a similar lightning bolt experience too - although no broken shoes - will be good to compare notes..
Love you loads little one. I'll be back from Thaiand on 26th and will give you a bell.
Zoe Zoe xxxxxxxxxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home